Are you suffering from neck pain? At Rawlinson Chiropractic, we understand the amount of pain you are going through. It's for this reason we have numerous chiropractic treatments to help you overcome neck pain. Whether your neck pain is due to an injury or disease, please schedule an appointment with our Tracy, CA clinic for treatment.
What are the symptoms of neck pain?
Neck pain can be mild or severe. Sometimes, it can be "on and off," while for other patients, the pain is chronic. The common symptoms of neck pain include:
- Restricted mobility
- Clunking and grating noise
- Troubling muscle stiffness and spasms
- General soreness
If you have neck pain, don't wait it out if the pain doesn't go away after a few days. Instead, please book an appointment with a chiropractor for effective treatment.
What are the common causes of neck pain?
Your neck has several tendons, ligaments, bones, and muscles for stability and flexibility. While your neck is tough, it's susceptible to various injuries and diseases. Here are the common causes of neck pain:
- Osteoarthritis: This degenerative disease causes the wearing out of the cartilage cushioning your cervical bones. As a result, bones rub against each other, leading to pain and stiffness.
- Disc herniation: Your cervical discs may lose shape, pinching a nearby nerve that results in pain, tingling, and numbness.
- Whiplash: This injury is common in rear-end car accidents. It occurs when the head snaps back and forth, damaging your neck's tendons and ligaments.
- Sprains and strains: Car accidents, slips, falls, and sports injuries may damage your neck's ligaments and tendons, resulting in limited mobility and pain.
- Tech neck: If you spend a prolonged period behind a computer or mobile phone, you may suffer from neck pain. This occurs because you tend to assume an unnatural posture when looking at your digital devices, putting pressure on your neck.
What are the neck pain treatment options used by a chiropractor?
Chiropractors at Rawlinson Chiropractic devise several chiropractic care techniques to treat your neck pain. The method depends on the nature and severity of your neck pain. Here are the common treatments we may use to treat your neck pain:
- Cervical manipulation: This therapy aligns your neck joint, reducing pressure on the nerves and other soft tissues in your neck.
- Spinal manipulation: This treatment repositions your misaligned joints to kickstart your body's self-healing mechanism.
- Massage therapy: This treatment involves applying tender pressure on the neck tendons and muscles to suppress swelling and pain.
- Chiropractic exercises: Exercising the neck relieves pain, improves mobility, and strengthens it against future injuries.
Schedule an Appointment with Our Chiropractor for Neck Pain Treatment in Tracy, CA
Neck pain can be debilitating and, at the same time, frustrating. Don't let neck pain take control of your life. Instead, please schedule an appointment with Rawlinson Chiropractic for neck pain relief.